This '3 in 1' hammock not only provides warmth from below and protection from mosquitoes, but it's also straightforward to set up. This makes the Moskito Traveller Quilted particularly suitable for hammock camping beginners, who might find the setup of numerous individual components of hammock equipment complex.
Here are some tips for setting up the Moskito Traveller Quilted hammock:
• The hammock comes packed in a bishop’s mitre (a sewn-on packsack) that features a loop at one end. Simply hang the rope that goes around the tree* in this loop, pull the hammock out of the packsack, and attach it to the second tree. *Please note the rope is not included in the delivery.
• The ridgeline comes pre-assembled and doesn't require a separate setup. This rope, used for tensioning the mosquito net, is not attached to the trees but rather fixed to the hammock ends. By using a Prusik knot (a sliding knot or friction hitch), you can tighten the ridgeline. You can slide this knot back and forth along the ridgeline by holding it between your fingers. TIP: Do not pull away from the line (as the knot will jam) but rather slide it along the line's length.
• Now, all you need to do is insert the patented spreader bars into the pockets at the mosquito net's top. While lying in the hammock, you can slide these bars along the ridgeline to stretch the net further.
• When dismantling, simply detach one end of the outdoor hammock from the tree and roll up the hammock akin to a sock to store it back in the bishop’s mitre at the other end. This method prevents the hammock from touching the ground (and getting wet), and you don't need another person to help you disassemble the hammock.
• This outdoor hammock, made of ultra-light ripstop parachute silk, can also be used without a mosquito net. Simply flip it over and relax!
• If you're planning an overnight outdoor stay, consider getting a tarp for protection against rain or wind. And don't forget the tree straps for hanging the hammock!
• On particularly cold nights or for winter hammock camping, you can pair the Moskito Traveller Quilted with an underquilt. This attachment under the hammock can significantly enhance warmth.